Taking a slight diversion this week for the holiday, but
will return to the focus of my blog (Infosec Leadership, Risk Management and
Professionalism) on the next post! I
couldn’t resist though, reflecting just a tad more since it is Thanksgiving.
Professionally, I am thankful for the following:
- The information sharing. I am just beginning to really understand the depth of informal information sharing that goes on throughout the community and am simply amazed at the effort others will put forth to help each other. Very cool. Keep it going and do some yourself. It’s worth it.
- For people who do what they say they are going to do. In our professional lives, we have a couple of pillars that we can build our careers on. Two important ones are trust and providing results. If you don’t establish the trust with your business partners, then your results, no matter how sizable or quickly provided, will be worthless. Do what you promise to do. Don’t over-promise. If you can’t get it done, say so. Just don’t not do it!
- Vendors who return my calls, work with me and act like they want my business! Your support is invaluable and it’s nice to have collaborative partners.
- Non-stop learning. The world is a big place, and I learn something new every day. Whether it’s about human motivation, a new technical do-dad or a way to solve a challenging issue, I hope I never stop learning.
- Teamwork. Getting things done is very difficult alone. Having good teammates (regardless of who or where they work) who work for a common goal is a thing of beauty.
What are you thankful for?
May you have a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment